What are Cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is a small file containing letters and numbers that can be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They are created when you access most websites. Cookies collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour in an anonymous form. They allow a website to recognise users when they return to a site. At Classic Carbs UK we take our responsibility seriously to ensure that using our site and shopping with us is safe and secure.
We do use specialised analytics partners – such as Google Analytics – to gather certain information about how you, our visitor, browses and searches our site. To do this our site places cookies on your computer that automatically collects information on our behalf. By logging in to our Google Analytics we can then see things such as a) how long our visitors stay on our website – which gives us an idea of whether they found the site interesting or not. Another example b) what language a visitor was using to search – which prompted us to install the language translation facility we now have on our site. We use this analytics information to constantly improve our services and your experience. On occasion, we also use Facebook advertising which uses a cookie.
Usage of certain cookies on our site is essential to it working properly. A number of important parts of this website will not function if cookies are not enabled.
Our site may have links which, when clicked, will take you to other websites. We do not have any control over the cookies or privacy policies used by these sites and you will need to read their particular policies.
You can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information on cookies, including how to delete all our cookies after you leave our site.
What Cookies are used on our site?
A number of different types of cookies are used on our site.
Please see below for the category types, associated cookies are and what they do.
Cookies needed to improve website performance
When you use our website we may record how you use the website and what you are interested in looking at. None of your personal details are needed for us to understand this.
|PHPSESSID||The PHPSESSID cookie is native to PHP and enables websites to store serialised state data. On the Action website it is used to establish a user session and to pass state data via a temporary cookie, which is commonly referred to as a session cookie.|
|__cfduid||Cloudflare cookie that does not store any personally identifiable information.|
|fr||facebook pixel cooke|
You are able to check to see if cookies are enabled specifically for PCs by doing the following for your browser type:
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0
- Click on ’Tools’ at the top of your browser window (use the cog icon in IE 9.0) and select ’Internet options’.
- Click on the ’Privacy’ tab
- Under the Settings section check the level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies and could cause the site to function not as we would expect.
- Click on the ’Customise and Control Google Chrome’ icon at the top right of your browser which is usually shown as a vertical line of 3 dots.
- In the small window that opens, click on ‘Settings’.
- A new page should open up with all your settings.
- Scroll down and click on a small ‘Advanced’ link at the centre-bottom of the page
- You will now see the heading ‘Privacy and security’.
- By clicking on any of those you can customise all your settings as you want them to be.
- Click on ’Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select ’allow sites to set cookies’
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ’Preferences’ option
- Click on ’Security’, check the option that says ’Block third-party and advertising cookies’
- Click ’Save’
Any other browsers not mentioned including Smart Phones and Tablets and MACs
If you use a browser not mentioned above or a mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet please use either their help section or own website to check the cookie settings.